Update: July 29, 2020
Beginning Monday, August 3rd, Birnhak Transitional Care at Lankenau Medical Center will begin welcoming scheduled in-person visits! Visiting hours will be Monday through Friday from 2:00 - 4:30 p.m. All visits must be scheduled by calling 484.328.5900.
Our full visitor guidelines for Birnhak Transitional Care can be viewed here.
Update: June 15, 2020
With the transition into the yellow phase of the COVID reopening plan, our Birnhak Transitional Care Program at Lankenau Medical Center has a few updates and reminders:
- In-person visits are still restricted, however FaceTime and Zoom are available for family members to see and communicate with loved ones virtually. To schedule a time, please call 484.321.5909.
- Right Track virtual access allow family members to log in and view a summary of their loved one’s therapy progress towards their goals for discharge. If you are currently not signed up, call 484.321.5909 and our therapy team will assist in helping to create an account.
- Group activities have not yet resumed, but activity packets including word games, puzzles, and coloring sheets are available for residents for independent leisure.
- Abramson Care Advisors have been communicating COVID related updates to responsible parties via telephone weekly.
- Although residents continue to spend most time safely quarantined in their rooms, physical and occupational therapy staff have begun to work one-on-one with residents in the 4th floor Rehab gym.
- Our 5th floor, which had previously been designated for COVID positive referrals from local hospital systems, has transitioned back to normal operations after a thorough deep clean and disinfecting process.
Update: May 21, 2020
Abramson Senior Care President and CEO, Carol A. Irvine, spoke with WHYY about the PA Department of Health’s reported COVID-19 numbers for Birnhak Transitional Care at Lankenau Medical Center. Click here to read the full article.
We have set up a separate emergency hotline for Birnhak Transitional Care at Lankenau Medical Center.
For the most update-to-date information for that location, please call 484.328.5990.